30 May 2010 — WithAmma
Writhing for your Darshan
May 28th, Seattle, USA
Amma’s 2010 North American Tour started yesterday with public programs at the new Hyatt Regency in Bellevue near Seattle.
Amma began evening bhajans by singing Sri Ganayaka and ended with Jai Ma Ambe. In between were 6 new bhajans.
- Sri Gananayaka
- Giridhar He (Hindi)- “Oh Lord who lifted the mountain, leader of the Yadavas, Divine Cowherd Madhava, come dance the Rasa with us.”
- Iniyenu Kanum – (Malayalam)
- Dayagala Ma Amma (Telugu)
- Kadaloram – a soft Tamil ballad in praise of Kali – “O Mother Kali, O Divine Mother Kali”
- A-I Bhavani – an upbeat Marathi Bhajan whose verse shouts out “Victory, victory to the Divine Mother!”
- Hara Om Siva – (Kannada)
- Jai Ma Ambe
Iniyenu Kanam’s first line most aptly sums up the yearning of Amma’s Children around the world – “My mind is burning and writhing for your darshan – when will I again see your beautiful form?” Over the next two months, tens of thousands will have this wish fulfilled.
Writhing for Amma’s darshan at Chicago